Hair Replacement with Neo Graft
NeoGraft is the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft system delivers automation of the FUE technique, the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry.
This revolutionary system uses pneumatic controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles which can be immediately transplanted to the selected areas of the scalp. The NeoGraft automated hair transplantation system is the only complete harvesting system on the market and has the only ‘NO TOUCH’ implantation technology.
NeoGraft provides absolute exact harvesting and placement, delivering repeatable results. With NeoGraft’s technology each follicle is removed individually while the patient is comfortable. A natural looking head of hair is created with this minimally-invasive procedure.
Hair loss can be a very emotional part of the natural aging process and seeking ways to curb this process can be challenging. Until NeoGraft. NeoGraft’s advanced technology allows patients to achieve natural looking results with no linear scar, minimal downtime and a shorter recovery period to achieve a discrete solution to hair loss. Hair Restoration is your secret to tell. It should be unnoticeable to all but those you tell.
- Superior Results – Natural looking results allowing hair to be worn short or long for both men and women.
- Advanced Technology – Automated Technology, least invasive procedure for hair transplantation.
- Gentle – Little to no discomfort. No scalpel incision. No staples. No unsightly linear scar.
- Quick Recovery Time – Minimal downtime, patients can typically go back to work the next day.
- Effective – Less activity restrictions than traditional strip methods.
- Affordable – Dr. Ducic has affordable programs available to meet your specific needs.
How NeoGraft Works
The FDA-cleared NeoGraft system automates the surgical removal, collection, and placement of individual hair follicles, one at a time, eliminating the need for doctors to remove a large strip from the back of the scalp (a procedure known as a linear-harvest Follicular Unit Transplant or STRIP FUT). The targeted removal of individual hair follicles is known as “Follicular-Unit Extraction” or FUE, is a minimally-invasive microsurgical procedure that has been available for several years, but until now has been too time-consuming and costly for many patients. NeoGraft is the only follicular unit harvesting system on the market today!
NeoGraft is an exciting new breakthrough for hair loss patients allowing more men and women to take advantage of the benefits of no-scalpel/no-stitch FUE hair transplants. FUE has been an extremely effective surgical procedure that allows for the precise, artistic placement of new hair follicles to recreate a full and natural-looking hairline, while reducing recovery time and eliminating the unsightly linear scar associated with traditional hair transplants.
Until now, FUE-type hair transplants were labor-intensive and time consuming, which meant that patients had to undergo long multiple surgeries to get the desired effect. Now that a more efficient automated system is available, doctors can double the number of grafts transplanted per session or shorten procedure times, saving patients both time and money.
Step One: Donor Hair Removal
The NeoGraft procedure begins with hair being removed from the donor area in the back of your head where your hair is genetically programmed to resist testosterone.
Step Two: Dissection of the Follicular Units
Each graft is extracted with the same consistency in diameter and length resulting in a dramatically increased take rate.
Step Three: Creation of the Recipient Sites
The hair transplant surgeon creates recipient sites in the proper angle, direction and orientation according to the artistic hair transplant plan he has designed specifically for you.
Step Four: Placement of the Hair Graft
The follicular units are then carefully separated by size. Grafts are transplanted into the balding and thinning areas of your scalp. Each graft is meticulously harvested as it naturally occurs and implanted individually to ensure the best results.
How do I know I’m a good candidate?
Candidates for hair restoration surgery are those individuals in good health with moderate hair loss and sufficient donor hair on the back of the scalp to transplant into the balding areas. Those with more donor hair, greater hair density and fullness can typically expect fuller results. It is also important that you have reasonable cosmetic goals. Hair transplantation can achieve very good, natural results but cannot restore your hair to the density you had as a teenager. Your doctor will assess the amount of coverage needed to give you the appearance you desire.
How is NeoGraft performed?
Hair transplantation is a process in which hair is taken from the back of the head or donor area and replaced in areas where hair loss has occurred. The NeoGraft system uses a special technology that is able to quickly remove the hair follicles from the donor area and implant them to balding areas. NeoGraft uses a controlled pneumatic pressure to slide out the graft smoothly, so there is no pulling or twisting which can risk damaging the graft. Because the NeoGraft transplant is faster than other out of date methods, the grafts can be re-implanted sooner which keeps them more robust, increasing the success of the grafting process.
How soon will I see results?
The science behind grafting is quite simple. Hair follicles are taken from the hair at the back or side of the head that is genetically programmed to continue to grow. The follicles that hold your transplanted hair are living tissues that grow cyclically. Like normal hair growth, transplantation is an ongoing process that requires a commitment of time.
Once the hair follicle has been implanted into the balding area, the grafted hair will stay in place for about two to three weeks before shedding. After shedding, the new growth will begin in 3-4 months; this is normal and an important part of the new hair growth process. After that time period, the hair will continue to grow normally; your result will look healthy and natural.
How long will the hair last?
Transplanted hair taken from the sides and back of your head in safe areas should continue to grow the rest of your life just like it did in the donor area. Men can begin to develop signs of male pattern baldness in their twenties and hair loss can begin at any time in their adult lives. For women, hair loss is usually more of a thinning or diffuse pattern and often appears as they reach the age of 55-60.
Hair loss does not stop after a transplantation, some people will need continuing maintenance either with preventative hair loss drugs and/or further hair restoration sessions, particularly if your balding patterns continue with age. Progressive hair loss or the desire for more density may require more transplants. An estimate of balding pattern and the number of procedures needed will be discussed during your consultation.
NeoGraft Pre/Post Op Instructions
It is very important that you understand and follow these instructions completely, for optimal results. Take all medications as directed and never on an empty stomach. Please call your pharmacist or our office if you have questions.
- Alcoholic beverages, Ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin) and Aspirin are not to be taken for 48 hours before or after surgery. You may take Tylenol. Please inform your physician if you are taking any blood thinning medications, as some may need to be avoided before surgery.
- DO NOT SMOKE or use tobacco products a minimum of 4 weeks prior to surgery and a minimum of 4 weeks post op. Doing so can result in the cancelation of your procedure and unsuccessful post op results, complications and/or delay the healing process.
- On occasional instances, minor bleeding may occur from the transplant site and/or donor area. This is normal and can be controlled by applying gentle but firm pressure on the area for 10-15 minutes with a dampened gauze pad. PRESSES ONLY, DO NOT RUB!
- Sleep with your head elevated the first three nights after surgery, either in a recliner or in bed with extra pillows. This will help prevent swelling of the scalp and forehead. Do not sleep on your face or irritate the graft area.
- To prevent swelling on the forehead or around the eyes, apply an ice pack over the eyebrows for 5-10 minutes, every hour. DO NOT ICE THE GRAFT AREA. If swelling occurs it will appear on the second or third day after surgery. The swelling is part of the normal healing process and will start to dissipate within 72 hours. Begin using ice packs immediately after surgery and continue for the first 72 hours. Do not use a hot compresses, this will only intensify the swelling.
- Scabbing will form over the transplant sites and solidify the first few hours after the procedure. These scabs will naturally fall off within 2 weeks. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH at these scabs at any time. Doing so can endanger the healing of the graft and can cause scarring or chance of infection. Don’t be alarmed if there are short hairs in scabs when they fall off. The hair is inside the scalp. It is natural to lose the hair shaft.
- Do not wash your head for 24 hours after the surgery. After 24 hours, lightly wet the hair in the shower, spread a gentle shampoo in your hands, gauze or washcloth and gently PAT the shampoo on, DO NOT RUB. Rinse lightly in shower and do not let the full strength of water pressure hit your head, as it could dislodge some of the grafts. We recommend using a cup of warm water to rinse the graft area. Do not rub your hair dry with a towel. You may lightly pat dry your hair, use a hair dryer on a low cool setting, or air dry. It is recommended to wash your head daily for the first 2 weeks. You may resume normally washing habits after 14 days.
- Avoid any kind of strenuous activity or workouts for 7 days after surgery. Do your best not to raise your heart rate. Some activities in the work place can be easily resumed a day or two after the procedure. Please ask us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Be sure to take all medications provided for you as directed.
- DO NOT USE peroxide on your scalp or other liquids/ointments unless instructed by your physician. This could affect the healing or success of the procedure.
DAY OF SURGERY:
- Wash your hair the morning of surgery. Do not use gel, hair spray, or any hair care products.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Wear a button down shirt or something that can be easily removed.
- Please take medications as directed. Bring all filled medications with you to the office.
- Have someone available to take you to and from your procedure. Please give your driver’s contact information to the front desk.
- Friends or family will not be allowed in the procedure room, as this causes a non-sterile environment. They are welcome to call the front desk to check on your status.
- The procedure will last the majority of the day. Feel free to bring in your own portable electronics, headphones, etc. We want you to be comfortable during the procedure.
- You may bring in your own snacks.
Please follow all instructions and take medications as directed. We want you to be happy and excited with your NeoGraft results! Please don’t hesitate to call our office should you have any questions.
Call Colleyville Office: Center for Aesthetic Surgery Phone Number 817-503-2442 (Mon-Fri, business hours only)
Call Fort Worth Office: Head & Neck Oncologic, Reconstructive & Skull Base Surgery Phone Number 817-920-0484 (business hours and after hours assistance)
Patient Reviews for Hair Replacement
Yadro Ducic, M.D.
Dr. takes very nice care of his patients, and goes above and beyond for them.
- Gaby R